Havanese dogs are outgoing and intelligent dogs who make excellent companions. Their small size makes them ideal even for apartment-dwellers—Havanese weigh just 7 to 13 pounds on average. However, just because they’re small doesn’t mean that Havanese don’t need and enjoy exercise!
Here are some tips for exercising your Havanese.
- Havanese have a medium energy level, and don’t need as much exercise as other breeds. Use your dog’s size as a rule of thumb: smaller Havanese will do well with several short walks each week, while larger animals might like to add in some longer walks and trips to the dog park.
- Havanese love being around their families. A family walk to the park is an excellent way to make sure your pup gets some exercise.
- Often, your Havanese will need a nap after her walk or play session. This is totally normal! Your pooch needs to recharge for the next outing.
- Never over-exercise your Havanese. If he’s panting or struggling to keep up, he needs a rest. Havanese are not the right dogs to accompany you on a long morning run.
- Havanese can get the exercise they need just from playing indoors with you! They’re very smart and highly trainable and will enjoy games like fetch and tug of war.
At Susie’s Quality K9s, we know and love Havanese puppies. If you’re interested in adopting a Havanese for games, walks and companionship, contact us at 989-351-0303 to meet our adorable and playful puppies today!